Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mom's memorial

Today was my Mom's memorial service. It was a wonderful service that she had planed years ago. She had clippings and scriptures and song picked out as well as the location and the officiant. We had to make two changes in the soloist that she had wanted was to ill to preform and one of my friends sang the Lord's Prayer. I also added my husband of a little over a year singing Amazing Grace. Mom would have loved it. A few people spoke at the service their memories of Mom which helped my remember what an awesome woman she was. You see in the last month or so we were so focused on keeping her comfortable that I had lost sight of that. It was wonderful that her friends helped me to remember. Thanks Mom - you made me the person I am today. I love you and miss you...

2 comments: