Friday, April 1, 2011

April is Autism Aweness Month

I wore blue today to show my support. I know two young boys with autism. My son is on the extremely high functioning end of the scale with Asperger's. If there is an event in your area I urge you to support them. In Lexington we start with a pancake breakfast at Applebee's in the morning. Click the link to Rock Bridge Family Services. I was on the board until I resigned to get married and we thought move to China. Please if you are in Virginia and can make any of these events or make a donation please do so. One of the things we did while I was on the board was to help bring a specialized school to the area so the children were not transported an hour to and from school in another city and having to travel on the interstate daily.

1 comment:

  1. Judi, I have such a love for individuals with autism and so many joys in my job with them! I am so grateful to be let in to this part of you! Love, Em

    ReplyDelete