Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday

Yesterday I worked on cleaning up my sewing room AKA the living room.  I had gone to Raleigh to visit my friend Kimberly a few weeks ago to help sort through her Mom's stash.  She is still grieving the loss of her Mom, but she wanted me to have the first dibs at the stash which was massive.  Shirley Willis started quilting in 1986 when she retired from being a principal.  The first thing I claimed was every batik I found.  I LOVE batik fabrics.  I picked up a few books and some tools.  Then I claimed a large bag of scraps for my friend Erin.  Down the road I might be given a sewing machine, but to tell the truth we hadn't found them all yet.  Shirley made the most beautiful quilts and was a judge.  Memaw you will be missed.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for thinking of me, Judi! Those scraps will be put to good use.

    ReplyDelete